Purpose of the job: To perform administrative tasks for the Managing Director and to manage the Director’s diary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Acting as first point of contact for the Director, screening calls, email and meetings.
- Schedule Directors appointments and manage his diary daily.
- Flight, Accommodation and Rental Car bookings.
- Organising Events, conferences, gifts, etc.
- Booking of personal appointments, eg: Doctors’ Visits, grooming appointments, school meetings etc.
- Running general errands for the Director.
- Manage social media presence for the Director and the business.
- Tracking of expiry dates for important documents for the Director, eg: Drivers Licence, Bank cards, memberships etc.
- Petty cash reconciliation for the Director.
- Identify and book suitable conferences, seminars and courses to ensure the Directors CDP Points for the year on the ECSA website are up to date.
- Capture the CPD Points on the ECSA website
- Ensure membership fees for ECSA, SAIEE and other professional bodies are paid in advance and are always up to date.
- Assist candidate Technician and Engineers with the completion of ECSA reports for professional registration
- Compile reports for the director`
- Updating of company profile and organogram to suit targeted clients
- Drafting presentations and preparing reports for the Director.
- Ordering of stationery and general consumables for the Director
- Prepare for meetings and take minutes.
- Suggest more efficient ways to run the office.
- Drafting and distributing directives to the staff
- Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Updating CSD
- Updating plant and Equipment
- Secure information by creating backups
- Receive progress reports from different departments for the Director and identify cost saving measures.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Ensure the company’s corporate identity is up to date and adhered to.
- Manage the company’s mailbox
- Completion of supplier registration forms as and when required.
Business Interest support
- Compilation and submission of tenders, as and when required.
- Assist with the Directors entrepreneur mentorship programme.
- Research for the Director as and when required.
- Cold calling potential business interest for the director.
- Attending meetings on behalf of the Director.
- Ensure CSD Report are up to date and distribute to administrators.
- Obtain reference letters from existing clients.
- Generate leads for the company
Desired Qualification & Experience
- A recognized qualification in Administration (A MUST)
- Project Management or Marketing Qualification (A STRONG WISH)
- 3-5 years’ experience as a personal/executive assistant
- Previous work in the engineering/construction industry would be an advantage
- Must have own reliable vehicle
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving history (A MUST).