Landfill Process Engineer will be in charge of the performance of the treatment of the landfill leachate, and in the future additional Hazardous Liquid Waste.
- Improve the Leachate Treatment Plan
- Upgrade the leachate treatment and treat in addition liquid HW
- Coordinate the feasibility study with the DTP
- Coordinate the project
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors and reports performance of Leachate Treatment Plant on a day-to-day basis. Makes materials / energy balances.
- Monitors and reports on pollution control activities as assigned. Studies and recommends ways of reducing pollutant level in plant effluents.
- Participates in other environmental efforts. Participates in energy conservation.
- Participates in the chemical /additive / supporting systems activities for the Leachate Water Treatment Plant including consumption, budgeting, evaluations, ordering .
- Ensures timely preparation and analysis of regular reports as required.
- Remains available for consulting / on-call, after office hours.
Plant capabilities testing and following up
- Conducts test runs to determine process or equipment limitations as assigned.
- Analyses results and suggests modifications to increase throughput or improve performance.
- Keeps abreast of technical developments related to HW Liquid Treatment Plant maintains up-to-date knowledge of capabilities of process units.
- Participates and contributes to the performance improvement strategies of the department.
- Advises changes in mode of operation or revamp of existing units to improve yield / quality of products. Evaluates economics of such changes or revamps and follows up their implementation and operation. Performs trouble shooting and devises means of solving operating problems.
- Identifies energy conservation opportunities for assigned units and prepares necessary MOC documents.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Degree in Bachelor of Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Shall have a minimum of 5 to 10 years working experience in the Technical Services - Process related to Landfill leachate with potential mix of other liquid hazardous waste.