Reporting to the Chief of Operations this role would be required to lead, direct and manage an integrated and member-centric service to municipalities through a multi-disciplinary team, across vertical and horizontal boundaries. As part of the senior leadership team, the PDO will be required to have a sound understanding of the Provincial specific priorities, municipal challenges and professional disciplines applicable to the Local Government mandate. A sound understanding is required of the Policy, Legislative and Regulatory frameworks as well as new developments impacting on Local Government, to ensure appropriate strategies that will enable the organisation to play a protective and disruptive role in this environment. The incumbent will be required to work closely with all business clusters at the National Office, to ensure the creation of an optimal enabling environment and resource utilisation in delivering on the company's mandate.
KEY PORTFOLIO AND PERFORMANCE FOCUS AREAS:
- Business Integration: Provide an integrated and member-centric service to members through a multi-disciplinary team approach across vertical and horizontal boundaries; Be the custodian of information and intelligence about the challenges experienced in LG Sector, needs of municipalities and provincial priorities and facilitate the transfer of knowledge to central repository for knowledge management; Oversee and maintain ultimate responsibility for the implementation of all company decisions in the province so that the province adheres to all requirements laid down by the organisation.
- Strategic and Business Planning: Actively participate and support the EXCO with the development of the organisation's strategy, in particular in ensuring that provincial member needs inform the strategy; Through an integrated organisation planning process, develop and oversee implementation of the Provincial strategy and business plan in line with the overall strategy and APP of the organisation such that the mandate of the province is achieved.
- Financial and Budget Management: Prepare, control and monitor the annual and monthly cluster budget so that expenditure is in line with organisation's financial requirements; Fulfil revenue generation requirements the organisation has of all Senior Managers.
- People management and promoting a high performance culture: Lead, manage and equip staff in the cluster so that they achieve their work objectives and work within an environment conducive to achieving required results; Promote team work and in line with the company's organisational culture, role model and educate staff on the importance of alignment of personal and organisational values for improved performance.
- Corporate Governance and risk management: Ensure organisation's compliance with related Legislative frameworks; Uphold sound corporate governance principles in the day-to-day operation of the province and ensure compliance with organisational policies and procedures
- Stakeholder management: Represent the organisation at all relevant Provincial IGR and other fora in alignment with organisation strategy and frameworks in order to protect Municipal rights and disrupt the system of governance where it is hampering Municipal service delivery.
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting: Support the establishment of an M&E framework and support the implementation of organisation's capability to measure impact on the sector
- Operational Efficiency: Ensure the implementation of organisation initiatives in the province so that they are launched and managed successfully and in a sustainable way in each of the relevant municipalities; Oversee and maintain ultimate responsibility for the implementation of all company decisions in the province so that the province adheres to all requirements laid down by the organisation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant Post-Graduate Degree. An MBA will be an added advantage;
- A valid code 08 drivers' license and own vehicle;
- At least 10 years' experience operating within a medium to large-sized organisation of which at least 5 years must have been at Senior Management level including previous experience in the LG Sector;
- Sound track record in managing complex stakeholder relationships and a well-developed lobbying and advocacy skillset;
- Previous management experience in a multidisciplinary environment; and
- Proven experience in developing and implementing strategy.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Proven track record of notable successes;
- Innovative and thought leading person;
- Politically savvy person and with gravitas persuasive influence in a complex mutli-sphere stakeholder environment;
- Strong analytical ability towards opportunity identification and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Strong initiative and well-rounded implementer and driver multi-disciplinary programmes that have an intended dimension; and
- Good international experience and exposure to internal implementation protocols of local government policies, accords and realities.
- Business Integration
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- Financial Management
- Budget Management
- People Management
- Corporate Governance
- Risk Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
Desired Work Experience:
Desired Qualification Level: